The Pre-School program focuses on multi-sensory activities on a variety of themes and units to enhance the total development of the child. Components include religion, readiness, language development, personal and social guidance, Spanish, art, music and play.
Starting in the 2015-16 Academic Year, sessions will be available in the 3-year-old program: Mondays and Tuesdays from 12:15 to 2:45 p.m.
Also beginning in 2015-16, 3 and 5 day programs will be available for 4-year-olds:
-4-Year-Old 3-Day Program: Wed-Fri 12:15-2:45pm
-4-Year-Old 5-Day Program: Mon-Fri 8:30-11:00am
- to develop a positive self-image so that a child may acknowledge his/her own worth
- to become aware of the fact that he/she is a child of God and will grow in His love
- to develop a positive attitude toward school and a desire to learn
- to develop basic self help and social skills
- to increase independence
- to enjoy being a part of a group and begin to accept the need to share
- to respect the rights of others and learn appropriate ways to defend his/her own rights
SJS Pre-School is staffed with a certified early elementary education teacher and an aide to assist the teacher. Class sizes are limited to 15-22 per class. We follow the Cleveland Catholic Diocese curriculum, which promotes the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social growth of young children.