1. Practice having your child follow simple directions.
2. Read books to your child and have them retell the story.
3. Have your child count toys when they are cleaning up.
4 Have your child practice identifying letters in their name, letters on signs and in books.
5. Take your child to the library and to story time.
6. Invite new Preschool friends over to practice sharing toys and taking turns.
7. Attend some of the Lorain County Metropark summer activities, such as safety town.
Enjoy this beautiful time of the year. Wishing you many happy days filled with sunshine.
Important dates for the 2017-2018 school year
Parent Information night for parents of children enrolled in the four year old five days a week program. Information meeting will be held in the library at 7:00 P.M. This is not a meeting for the children. Date is Tuesday, August 22nd.
Orientation: for children and parents. This orientation will be held in our Preschool classroom. Time is 8:30 A.M. Date is Wednesday, August 23rd.
2017-2018 Preschool 4 year old Handbook – coming soon!
Ohio Department of Medicaid:Healthchek Services for Children. For more information click here
Enrichment Activities for the Summer.
1. Visit your local Library and learn about different activities you enjoy.
2. Visit local Metro Parks and learn about nature. Take a walk,ride a bike,participate in the neat programs.
3. Practice writing letters and numbers outside with sidewalk chalk.
4. Identify different shapes and letters when you are out for a walk or on a car ride.
5. Set up a reading tent with parent help and ask them to read you a story.
6. Count the number of different colored cars when you are riding in the car
7. Enjoy ice cream and identify different colors and count all the different favors in an ice cream store.
8.Go to a Farmers Market and pick out different fresh vegetables.
9.Draw beautiful pictures of all your favorite outdoor activities.
10. Keep track of your favorite sports teams scores.
11. Ask your parents to read stories to you about what you are interested in.
Pictures are worth a thousand words. Here are a few highlights from our wonderful 2016-2017 school year.
The Preschoolers’ are ready to plant.
The children loved learning about flowers and planting.
We had so much fun building our Mammoth.Look what we can do when we work as a team.
The children brought in gorgeous flowers to honor Mary
Look what we did when we worked as a Preschool team.
Children enjoyed playing Aiphabite Review Game.
We had fun reviewing our alphabet letters.
Our Seventh grade helpers test our brain power.
Preschoolers teach our Seventh grade helpers our Penguin Dance.
The children enjoy their monthly story time with Mrs. Csanady!
Mrs. Csanady our school librarian shares an awesome story.
The children loved meeting Mrs. Stanley from the Amherst library.
Having fun blowing bubbles.
Visiting the school chapel.
Learning thru virtual reality.