Teacher: Mrs. Dawn Huston
Voicemail: 988-4244 ext: 309
The Pre-School program focuses on multi-sensory activities on a variety of themes and units to enhance the total development of the child. Components include religion, readiness, language development, personal and social guidance, Spanish, art, music and play.
– Mondays and Tuesdays from 12:15 to 2:45 p.m.
3 and 5 day programs are available for 4-year-olds:
-4-Year-Old 3-Day Program: Wed-Fri 12:15-2:45pm
-4-Year-Old 5-Day Program: Mon-Fri 8:30-11:00am
- to develop a positive self-image so that a child may acknowledge his/her own worth
- to become aware of the fact that he/she is a child of God and will grow in His love
- to develop a positive attitude toward school and a desire to learn
- to develop basic self help and social skills
- to increase independence
- to enjoy being a part of a group and begin to accept the need to share
- to respect the rights of others and learn appropriate ways to defend his/her own rights
SJS Pre-School is staffed with a certified early elementary education teacher and an aide to assist the teacher. Class sizes are limited to 15-22 per class. We follow the Cleveland Catholic Diocese curriculum, which promotes the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and social growth of young children.